We looked for the Yellow-billed Cuckoo in Elbert yesterday (pond and woods at
south end of town) but did not find it.
We heard some vocalizations that was suggestive but there was also a pair of
Gray Catbirds in the area. It was quite birdy; of note was a Brown
Yellow-breasted Chat, a first for us in Elbert County. Brown Thrashers were
also present. I have stopped there many times over the years and this was the
birdiest I have seen it (common birds).

We also spent about an hour at Last Chance : in addition to numerous Western
Kingbirds and other usual nesters, we saw female Bullock's  and female Orchard
Orioles, a very handsome male Rose-breasted Grosbeask, and a late Swainson's
Thrush.
Good birding !
Cecile Lee, Elbert

He'd be a poorer man if he never saw an eagle fly.

John Denver, Rocky Mountain High