I spent a little more time this morning at the hay field on MacKenzie Ave
in Canon City where the Dickcissel and Bobolink I posted about last night
are located.  Though they are still only singing intermittently, the male
Dickcissel did fly onto the utility wires located on the Grandview Ave
(south) edge of this hay field--this both provided a safer viewing location
as traffic is not nearly as bad as on MacKenzie and a better view since the
tree limbs are not in the way of seeing the bird.  In fact it flew onto the
wire almost directly above me this morning and sang for a short time so I
got a good photo of it. The Bobolink was still singing mostly from the
field but did fly into a small tree on MacKenzie where I was able to get a
reasonable photo.  I have uploaded the photos of these birds to my Birds
and Nature blog <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.

I will be leading a field trip to look for these and other special birds in
the Canon City area this Sunday so email me if you are interested.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Personal blog @ http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
Blogging for Birds an Blooms Magazine @ http://BirdsAndBloomsBlog.com