Hiking in Horsetooth Mountain Park (Larimer County) in the heat of the day
today (90Fs), I was surprised to see a Clark's Nutcracker sitting in a dead
snag at just under 6000' in elevation. In a few decades of hiking
Horsetooth Rock this is the first time I've ever seen one here (might be
the one that Arvind had heard last week?). Due to the heat, overall birding
was fairly quiet, with some of the regulars plus one Townsend's Warbler.

Regards,
Kevin Keirn
Fort Collins, CO