Hi COBirders,

More like normal numbers today. We were closed by the wet yesterday, and today
it threatened all morning, but we had about half out nets open for most of the
morning.  After seeing dozens of Wilson's Warblers in the woods and desert
brush yesterday, most were gone today. Looks like THEY departed, and others
were prevented from arriving by the heavy rain here, and to the North.

Only 20 birds banded today, about 1/2 Wilson's and Yellow Warblers, a few
Swainson's Thrush, and a few Pewees and Willow and Cordilleran Flycatchers.
What is remarkable is that there were ZERO Spizella sparrows today!  Full
report to follow.

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs
Biologist, RMBO Volunteer