Since Bear Creek Lake has been devastated by the flood, I've gone back to
birding Harriman Lake.  This small Denver Water reservoir was drained in
2011, dam rebuilt, and refilled with water last winter.  There was a nice
variety of spring water fowl, but not much in the way of fish to feed them.
 Then it was stocked by DOW in late spring, so I'm hoping fall waterfowl
are even better.  Here's is what I've seen in the past few days:

Sept 28-29:

Pied-billed Grebe (family of 7, with adults still feeding the young)
Eared Grebe
American Wigeon
American Coot
Mallard
Belted Kingfisher
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Spotted Sandpiper (winter)
Rusty Blackbird
Red-winged Blackbird (flock of females with a single Yellow-headed
Blackbird)
Audubon's Warbler (large flock of immature males), searched in vain for
other warblers but none were seen
Barn Swallow (scores catching insects over the lake)
Lesser Goldfinch
House Wren
Flicker
Magpie