This was a very interesting email and I have also noted the lack of some
normal birds.  What we do have every day for about a week now are Stellar's
Jays at our feeders near the foothills in Fort Collins.  Also today on
Reservoir Ridge I saw a flock of about 6 Stellar's and this is really
unusual.  Can anyone comment on this?  I also saw several American Tree
sparrows.  I have seen several (FOS) Scrub Jays in the foothills and at
Soapstone.  We do not have many juncos per normal but we do have a regular
group of about 3 blue jays.  Normally we have Scrub Jays at the feeders and
I haven't seen any yet.

Libby Edwards
Fort Collins
Larimer County