Hi Everyone-

Today 4/47, on my way back from SE Colorado, I stopped at Last Chance and
Union Reservoir. At Last Chance, birds were hunkered down in windbreaks. I
saw nothing rare, but I thought 8 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers were a decent
number. Other migrants included a Townsend's Solitaire, several Hermit
Thrushes, a flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers, and several Pine Siskins mixed
in with American Goldfinches. Union Reservoir was busy. Franklin's Gulls
dotted the reservoir. I estimated at least 200 were there. There were many
Western Grebes, a single Clark's Grebe, a few Eared Grebes, one Horned
Grebe, and one Pied-billed Grebe. Along WCR 28, I saw a flock of maybe 30
Yellow-headed Blackbirds, along with 3 Forster's Terns. The only shorebirds
were 3 Killdeer at the north end and 3 Least Sandpipers at the south end.

To clarify Brenda Linville's post from yesterday, the two Millers present at
Tempel Grove were me and Lynne Miller of Colorado Springs, no relation. (We
apparently arrived at Tempel Grove several hours too late, and left Lamar
several hours too early.)

Mark Miller

Longmont, CO