I stopped for a few minutes on the Canon City Riverwalk on my way to an
appt.  Thre were a good number of Tree Swallows flying in the area,
apparently a new group moving through.  There were fair number of
Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few Yellow Warblers working the trees.  I
spotted a first of the year Plumbeous Vireo high in a mature cottonwood by
the river then noticed a hummer perched on a branch about 35 feet above the
ground.  Upon further inspection with my binocs I could see it was sitting
on a nest that was very well camouflaged.  I got photos of the hummer and a
very pretty Yellow Warbler that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature
blog<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.

As I drove through Florence I found the dark ibis flock had increased to at
least 350 birds today spread across one recently flooded ag field but I
didn't have time to look for Glossy or hybrid birds.  When I got back in
town I stopped at Florence River Park  where I spotted a Green Heron,
likely the same one I have seen and reported on since last week.

I have uploaded photos to my blog of the Eastern Phoebe I took a few days
ago (I didn't look today as a thunderstorm was moving in).

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http;//BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com