Lots of action on the Canon City Riverwalk yesterday with a Broad-winged
Hawk fly-over and a first of the year MacGillivray's Warbler foraging along
the side of the bluff trail.  Also on the bluff trail was a Dusky
Flycatcher, softly calling.  The Black-headed Grosbeak that had recently
arrived were singing up a storm.  Lots of Wilson's Warblers were moving
through as well as good numbers of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few
Orange-crowned.  Yellow Warblers are already setting up their territories
and singing loudly while Yellow-breasted Chats are just starting to call.
Only a couple of Common Yellowthroats so far.

After saying I last week I hadn't seen a Black Phoebe at the Florence
Sewage Plant in awhile, I saw one there yesterday briefly. There are still
several hundred White-face Ibis in the area though most seemed to be in
Canon City today.

And I forgot to add that I also had a Plumbeous Vireo in my yard yesterday
which was a first.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com