May 25

A CHIMNEY SWIFT joined many swallows foraging below the Chatfield SP dam in
Douglas late in the afternoon following rain. Least Flycatcher and lots of
birds other birds there, too.

Cordilleran Flycatcher has taken up song positions in and around my yard in
Ken Caryl Valley, Jeffco. Hope he stays.

May 26

Dusky Flycatcher building a nest not far from my home off Mountain Willow
Drive in a patch of one of the flowering shrubs that I am still trying to
sort out. Willow Flycatcher nearby, too, along with Black-chinned Hummer,
and a female Cooper's that had caught a baby cottontail. Tree swallows
hanging out at a nest box occupied by Mountain Bluebirds; I think they are
guarding future prospects, waiting for the bluebirds to finish. Massey Draw
behind my home had a Willow Fly and more Duskies.

Checked the Burrowing Owl spot on Roxborough Road / Douglas County Road 3
at 1.2 miles south of Titan Pkwy. Counted 10 Burrowing Owls by scoping the
prairie dog area. Grasshopper Sparrow further south along road, and three
YB Chats calling in chorus where a small creek crosses the road.

Around dusk this evening I had my first COMMON NIGHTHAWKS (2 or 3) over my
Ken Caryl Valley home area, and a COMMON POORWILL called after sunset near
Massey Draw above the development area.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO