This past Monday I birded Red Canyon Park about 10 miles north of Canon
City where I stumbled upon some very young fledgling Gray Flycatchers.
There was definitely one parent in attendance that I observed feeding one
or more of the young birds, and I believe the other parent was nearby.
They were in thick vegetation and I was unable to get a photo in focus and
also the parent(s) quickly moved the young away.  Yesterday (Saturday) I
returned and looked for the family.  I found a family of Gray Flycatchers
just 75 feet from where I saw the family earlier in the week so believe it
is likely the same family group.  I got good photos of a parent and at
least one fledgling that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog
<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.

In addition to this family of about 4 I saw an additional 3 Gray
Flycatchers yesterday as well as Juniper Titmice, Black-headed Grosbeak,
Chipping Sparrows, Western Shrub Jays, a fast moving shrike, a flock of
Pinyon Jays (heard only) and a singing Virginia's Warbler.  I don't why
anyone would think that summer is not a birdy time of year in Colorado.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com