On my way back from an extended trip to New Mexico Sunday I stopped at
Trinidad Lake where I saw a latish Osprey, several good sized flocks (75 or
so birds each) of Pine Siskins and 4 Common Loons actively diving for food.
I got several good photos of these loons in autumn transitional plumage
(thus Autumn Loons) with more photos of them on my Birds and Nature blog
<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.

I birded around Canon City today and found a male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
in a private yard and 3 Williamson's Sapsuckers.  I have a single photo of
the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and a couple of one of the Williamson's on my
blog.  More later.

(If you scroll down my blog there are a number of photos from New Mexico
including a rare sighting of a Harris's Hawk at Bosque del Apache NWR and a
rare white crane identified by NWR as leucistic)

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/2014/11/autumn-loons-well-common-loons-in-their.html>