Greetings All

So many thanks to Adam for his gracious hosting.
As for the Magnificent visitor, outcome will never be known.

However, note that Magnificent Hummingbirds are one of the most regular
wintering hummingbirds at higher elevations in SE Arizona's mountains, often
surviving prolonged periods of snow, as long as feeders are about

Of course, our recent cold snap is probably beyond what AZ would ever see.
Notably, the Mag seemed to disappear mid-day. Paul Lehman tells me that vagrant
hummingbirds often stock up on the morning they intend to leave and then depart
mid-morning to mid-day.

So, the bird's mid-day departure may indicate that it finally decided that life
here was too gelid.

Cheers
Steve Mlodinow
Longmont CO