A check of Hamilton Reservoir off Buckeye Road by the Rawhide Power Plant in
northern Larimer County showed at least 6 Tundra Swans continuing in the
southwest corner, as viewed from the Observation Area above the south shore.
When I first arrived, two were much closer than usual about half way from the
extreme southwest corner and the Observation Area.  Both clearly showed a
yellow lore spot at 20X.  All the swans appear to be adults but I am not
absolutely certain about that.

A large concentration of white-cheeked geese is stuffed along the northwest
shore.  Otherwise, the gravy of the situation is a smattering of expected
diving and dabbling waterfowl including a few Pumpkin Pie(d)-billed Grebes, a
probable sleeping dollop of Homemade Whipped Pelican on the far west shore, and
a lone Great Blue Heron standing on one drumstick on the northside retention
pond wall.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins