This hawk has been in that area for over 10 years. I used to live near
there. In 2008 he was hit by a golf ball at Legacy Ridge golf course and
eventually released back to the area after being cared for by Birds of Prey
rehabilitators. You can read about it in a Broomfield Enterprise story.
 http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_12783041

Janis Robinson
Coal Creek Canyon, CO