Willow Creek Park (north end)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (adult male, different from yesterday's juv) -
entering the northwest corner of the park from Parkview Ave., go in the drive,
staying left to the circle drive.  On the east side of the circle is a small
stone building with a rust-colored door.  The bird was in the big wide-crowned
pine 50 feet south of this stone building.

I searched for the juvenile in the southernmost pine along the west side
(bounded by Parkview St., which I mistakenly called 1st St in yesterday's post)
of the park's north end (across from 1306 Parkview) and did not see it.

Lamar Community College Woods
Northern Cardinal (heard along the west edge of the woods at the north end)
Spotted Towhee (heard twice in the same general area described above for the
cardinal)
White-throated Sparrow (heard in the area of the cardinal and towhee)
Brown Thrasher (1) south end under Russian-olive thicket with robins
Red-bellied Woodpecker (1f) in cottonwood along the road that goes behind (east
of) the college, roughly between the library and dining hall (i.e. 75 yards
north of the soccer net)

Riverside Cemetery (east of Main on Maple Street)
Sharp-shinned Hawk (1a, 1i)
Harris's Sparrow (1a) in large (100+ birds) group of sparrows that works the
entire length of the east fenceline (from alfalfa field north of cem all the
way south to Maple Street) and out into the horse pasture east of cem
Yellow-rumped Warbler (at least 8, maybe as many as 12)

Saw one of the hardy ichneumon wasp species today working a bare dirt area at
Willow Creek Park, lots of very small midges active, small muscid fly came in
my car window.  December on the Colorado prairie?

Total species of birds seen in my imaginary Lamar CBC circle since getting here
two days ago: 56.  Based on experience, there are at least 33 additional
species reasonably possible in the area that so far have eluded detection.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins