I spotted a first of the year Plumbeous Vireo this morning and heard a
Red-eyed Vireo singing yesterday, both on the Canon City Riverwalk near the
Sell's Lake parking lot. The Yellow Warblers quickly got on territory as I
saw the first on Monday and heard a couple of them singing on Thursday.
Today was a big push of Yellow-rumped Warblers with good numbers of both
Myrtle and Audubon's.  I have uploaded a couple of good pics of the
Plumbeous Vireo and one of the Myrtle Yellow-rumps onto my Birds and Nature
blog. <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>

The typical appearing Eastern Phoebe I noted that was attending a
previously used nest location near the Sell's Lake parking lot of the Canon
City Riverwalk is paired with a typical appearing Black Phoebe-this is the
same configuration as the pair that nested there last year.  The nest is
under the concrete structure over an irrigation return flow ditch almost
straight across the Arkansas River from the vault toilets near that parking
lot.  I also spotted a second typical appearing Eastern Phoebe at the
Sanitation District's enclosed area several hundred feet further east of
that vault toilet.  The pair of typical appearing Black Phoebes at Sell's
Lake continue though not as vocal (maybe starting to nest).  And the
typical appearing Eastern Phoebe that I have posted photos of last week
sitting on eggs is still on the eggs.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com