All,
I stopped at Chatfield state park (Douglas co) and relocated the two
long-billed curlews Doug Kibbe reported earlier in the prairie dog town by the
east entrance in the pouring rain about 4pm.

About 315 (in light rain) I birded the "swim beach" area (Jeff Co) which is
pretty much under water. Thousands of swallows with the majority being
Violet-green (800+), hundreds of Trees and a smattering of bank, barn and cliff
mixed in (many perched in trees over the lake). Couldn't pull out a
rough-winged. A pair of American avocets were wading where the beach usually
is. I also had at least 46 Lark Sparrows in the parking lot. A couple
yellow-headed blackbirds were among the red-wings just north of the beach. A
few blue-winged teal flew by about the time I started getting drenched.

At the model airplane field (back in Douglas co) I saw one vesper and 9 lark
sparrows and a male lark bunting hanging out near the pavilion and out of the
pouring rain. Lots of other birds flying around that I couldn't identify thru
wet windows.

Could be fun birding if we get a bunch of snow, but it'll be rough on the
swallows!

Great rainy birding!

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe