After Eaton Cemetery, I was too cold and wet to find my way to Fort Collins and
ended up at Crow Valley.  That place is even colder and wetter.  In fact, it is
flooded.  Water comes up to the Main Picnic Shelter on the south.  Some picnic
tables with water beneath them.  The south road that goes to the campsites in
the sw corner is completely under water.  The main walking path along the west
side is sort of dry in between the two corners (sw and nw).  The Education
Center in the nw corner has water all around it and the road into it is closed.
 I did not walk out into the hinterland of the Mourning Dove Trail to the
north.  The hosts put crime tape across the main road into the area at about
the bathroom house near the Main Picnic Shelter.  I would suppose it is still
OK to park near the easternmost outhouse and walk wherever your boots allow.
If and when the birds ever get this far north, they should like what they see,
although the main understory is now creek bottom.

Before you head out there in the next week or so, you may want to see if you
can contact the USFS by phone in Greeley or check on-line for the latest update.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins