Greetings birders,

There was/is a Worm-eating Warbler at McMurry Ponds Natural Area today.
When I arrived at the parking lot, the rain was heavy and steady, I sat in
the car for 30 minutes waiting for it to let up, it never did. I almost
left but thought I made the effort to get here I may as well get out and
see if anything is around. How happy I am that I did. The woods were full
of birds almost too many to keep track of. It was the kind of day one
dreams about. I saw White-throated Sparrow, Gray, Dusky and Hammonds
Flycatchers, I Thought I saw an Eastern Phoebe but now think it was a wet
Western Wood Pewee, Swainson's Thrush, Veery  (may be 2), Blackpoll
Warbler, MacGilivrey's Warbler, 2 Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush and the
Worm-eating Warbler along with the usual Yellow, Yellow-rumped and
Wilson's. Look low to the ground near the downed wood and flood debris for
the Worm-eater or listen for its buzzy metallic call which it gave a few
times while I was there.

All the birds were in the flooded stand of trees just west and south of
theMcMurry Ponds parking lot. McMurry Ponds is at the end of Hemlock St.
off of N College Ave.

David Wade
Ft Collins CO