Yesterday Nina Routh, Mike Serruto and I stopped at the reservoir 2 miles west
of Weld CR77 on CR124 (Adams and Bunker #1 or "Archie Bunker Res" as I think it
should be called, due to the less than happy/friendly folks who live in the
house near the portion that extends on the north side of the road).

We had a nice set of shorebirds on this fast-drying-up body of water,
especially north of CR124 (Porter Creek which extends into Little Crow Creek?).
 Among them were many Stilt Sandpipers of mixed age and a juvenile, very spiffy
Red-necked Phalarope, zillions of yellowlegs (apparently getting some
good-sized leeches (look like dorso-ventrally flattened worms) from the mud in
shallow water), a dowitcher we called Long-billed, and various other expected
species like Least, Solitary, Baird's, and Semipalmated Sandpipers and Wilson's
Snipe.  We also had an early, fly-by "taiga" Merlin.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins