All,
I started out yesterday morning towards Crow Valley Campground, Weld Co.
but stopped to watch large numbers of blackbirds come out of a marsh at
sunrise at Weld CR60 1/2 where it bends left (North) and turns into CR37.
Ribbons of Red-wings were seen before I got to the marsh and then saw
~7-8,000 Yellow-headed all perched up in the reeds, some on road sides,
some leaving in groups of 200-300, etc.  Lots of red-wings still in the
marsh as well and tons starlings.  I submitted fairly conservative numbers
to eBird, but there were probably 40-50k blackbirds total.  I was enjoying
the sight and sunrise more than counting.

At Crow Valley, lots of turnover with migrants recently reported, but there
were plenty of Wilson's Warblers and other birds to look through. I
eventually saw a variety of other warblers, with *American Redstart* the
best bird.  I got a couple photos of a red-shafted and *yellow-shafted
flicker* together.  I also flushed a *barn owl* from the SW corner of the
campground.
List for those interested:

I then went towards Jackson Lake SP in Morgan Co, but on CR93 I came across
a large farm pond/wetland.  I had 6 *red-necked phalaropes* floating
around, a pair of ferrug loafing on the shore, and large numbers of
sparrows in the grass on the shoreline close to the road, mostly Vesper,
but also Savannah and a pile of Horned Larks.  I then realized there were
several *Chestnut-collared Longspurs* in the area as well, calling and
flying around.  I managed some horrible shots of one longspurs (in link
below).  A nice variety of waterfowl and some avocets were present.

Hundred and hundreds of Vesper Sparrows and some Lark Sparrows on the back
roads on the way to Jackson Lake SP, which was mostly a bust.  Usual
suspects seen on the water.  One Forster's and one Black Tern were nice.
Townsend's Warbler and a Hairy Woodpecker by the "swim beach" were
highlights, for what that's worth.

A few photos if interested:
http://www.pbase.com/shoeman/colorado_fall_2015

Good birding,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

After almost 6 years of work, the Birds of Tennessee, A New Annotated
Checklist is available!
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon
.com/Birds-Tennessee-New-Annotated-Checklist/dp/1507815751/