Hi all:

I am trying to finish up the fall 2014 seasonal report for North American Birds
and find that the Costa's Hummer attending a feeder for 1.5 months at the end
of last year has not been documented to the Colorado Bird Records Committee.  I
find that disturbing for a number of reasons, two of which are:

1) There are only eight previous accepted records of the species
(http://coloradobirdrecords.org/Reports/SpeciesDetail.aspx?id=236), a number
that should classify the species as rare under nearly anyone's criteria.

2) There are 20 eBird reports of the individual, SIX WITH PICTURES.

Both eBird review policy and the regional North American Birds report policy
are similar:  Species on the local review list are not included in public data
without review by the relevant body -- in this case, the Colorado Bird Records
Committee.

Please, please, please, document this occurrence to the CBRC, as I really do
not want to have to relegate such a record to ignominy.

Thanks,

Tony Leukering
currently in Cut Bank, MT