Hello,         Yesterday morning Sally Swain and I spotted a perched
 Swainson's Hawk along 79th St. in Niwot just north of the transfer
station. We've been seeing one along this section of road all
season. Later, as I excited the car at the upper lot at Sandstone Ranch a
really dark Merlin took up from the bluff and cruised passed me pistons
humming, heading in the direction of Union Reservoir. This morning I had
just settled into the car after a hike at Rabbit Mountain when a Rednaped
Sapsucker flew into the closest tree. Had my first flock of,[10], Bushtits
in a while along the Eagle Wind Trail there as well. At midday I found an
Osprey atop a wooden post at the western end of Clover Basin Reservoir.
Nearby were 2 juvenile Little Blue Heron  perched above the mud on a
large metal pipe . Good October Birding All,          Carl Starace,  Niwot