I left home at dawn and spent all morning in eastern Boulder County trying in
vain to find Sandhill Cranes.  Ted Floyd in the field and Cheryl at home had to
listen to my whining about it.  Then, back home at 1 pm, Cheryl yelled from our
yard, "David, I hear birds!!"  I estimated about 300 seen from my driveway
looking west most likely over Lefthand Canyon and Olde Stage Road.  I'll be
able to get an exact count when I look at my photos.  They were progressing
slowly to the south as they were working on gaining altitude over the foothills
and forming and reforming blobs and V's.  Love that sound!
David Waltman
Boulder County; 6,000 ft. 1/2 way between Boulder and Lyons