      From: DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleather...@msn.com>
 To: Margie Joy <mar1...@juno.com>; COBIRDS <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:58 PM
 Subject: RE: [cobirds] very late White-throated Swifts, Pueblo County, Lake
Pueblo State Park

#yiv9619095866 #yiv9619095866 --.yiv9619095866hmmessage
P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv9619095866
body.yiv9619095866hmmessage{font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}#yiv9619095866
Margie,
That is crazy.  Somebody has to get photos.  Only insects I can think of they
might be getting are midges, which would be present anywhere there is unfrozen
water.  Desperados is all I can figure.   Wonder if any swift is known to have
wintered in the northern part of its range by going into torpor in south-facing
cliffs warmed by the sun?   If poorwills are suspected of doing it, maybe
swifts can, too.  Great report.

Dave Leatherman