Duane Nelson reports White-throated Swifts in Picketwire Canyon (Las Animas and
Otero Counties) on February 28, 2009.  These were probably early spring
migrants, though they did make in the "Winter" Season.  So, White-throated
Swifts have been seen in Colorado, all 12 months of the year now, except for
January.  I'm not sure before this year, they had been seen in November or
December in Colorado.  White-throated Swift seem to be more hardy birds, then
we might think.  A swift in Colorado in the "winter" is still pretty amazing.
The known winter range in the US, is southern New Mexico; southern Arizona; El
Paso, Texas; and in California.  I wonder if they actually winter further
north, then is known.
Brandon PercivalPueblo West, CO