Hi COBirders,

I just caught and banded a female WWJU in my yard here in Mountain Shadow, NW
Colorado Springs. It was huge, and much more white in the tail than the other
five subspecies I get here, but was actually lacking the white wingbars! Just a
big, gray and white junco!

This is the first one I've even seen this fall/winter.  I usually have a
handful here at my feeders in deeper winter. I think this is also the latest
one I've had In my yard.

Happy Migration, See you in Lamar,

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs