Hello All,

After Tony Leukering's post on March 18 re: eBird Checklist Distance, Joe
Roller and I reorganized the Escalante Canyon HOTSPOTS.  From Hwy 50, the
Escalante Canyon Road runs about 20 miles to the Escalante forks area and
upper end of the canyon, goes through several habitat changes, and through
3 counties - Delta, Mesa, and Montrose.  Here are the new HOTSPOTS - you
may want to review them before birding Escalante Canyon since much of the
birding requires using offline checklists.

*Escalante Canyon Road--Hwy 50 to RR tracks Delta County
                     *New  *HOTSPOT.*
*Escalante Canyon--Gunnison River to Cap Smith Cabin Delta County
             *New name for same *HOTSPOT *as we have now, and where most of
our checklists come from.

*Escalante Canyon--Cap Smith Cabin to Potholes Area   Delta County
                *New *HOTSPOT     *These 3 replace *Escalante Canyon--Cap
Smith to Escalante Forks*
*Escalante Canyon--Potholes Area to Mesa County Road Sign  Montrose County,
     *New *HOTSPOT  *
*Escalante Canyon--Escalante Forks Area  Mesa County
                         *New *HOTSPOT*

*Escalante Canyon--Brushy Ridge Road west to forest boundary Mesa County
        *New *HOTSPOT*

Thanks,

Mike Henwood
Grand Junction