I'm working on birding strategy for my upcoming week-long birding trip in early May across western KS, OK Panhandle and then a couple of days with some of you in Lamar at the CFO meeting. The impressive rain event that began today and will linger through next Wednesday will generate a lot of rainfall across this entire area. Many playas will be recharged just in time for the peak of shorebird migration. Don't forget that you can access detailed maps of probable playas at this URL http://pljv.org/for-habitat-partners/maps-and-data/maps-of-probable-playas/ I've been a somewhat ardent county lister in Kansas and these maps have really been a big help along the way. We have a somewhat daunting 105 counties in Kansas so every little bit of information helps.
--
Pete Janzen Wichita, KS pete.jan...@sbcglobal.net