 From: "Chris Rurik" <chrisru...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:29 PM
To: "Colorado Birds" <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [cobirds] Denver County local interest migrants
 Hi all --
 Good birds (by Denver County standards) seem to be showing up all over the
metro area right now, with lots of turnover.

 Sunday at City Park I saw my first Chimney Swift, hundreds of swallows
including Bank Swallow, and 35+ other species.

 Today along the Highline Canal in Fairmount Cemetery I saw a Harris'
Sparrow with two white-crowns.

 Yesterday, Bluff Lake had a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher and Brown-headed
Cowbird. FYI Bluff Lake's lake reconstruction project, aimed at improving
habitat, is due to begin any day. The lake will be drained and the dam will
be inaccessible for the next four-ish months.

 Westerly Wetlands is the place to be right now. In the last week I've
seen: Great-tailed Grackle, Yellow-headed Blackbird, White-faced Ibis,
Cattle Egret, Sage Thrasher, Rock Wren, many duck species, Solitary
Sandpiper, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs, Long-billed Dowitcher,
Western Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, possible Baird's and Least,
Semipalmated Plover, and Wilson's Snipe. Light is best early and late in
the day; viewing is from the top of the dam with a scope (don't leave the
gravel trail). Again, lots of turnover -- much of what I saw yesterday was
not there today.

 Good birding!
 Chris Rurik
 Denver CO