Greetings Birders,

I am sheepishly reporting that I saw and heard an Alder Flycatcher at the
Morrey Wildlife Reserve in Loveland today. Sheepishly because I didn't
realize I was looking at one when it happened. I spotted a flycatcher with
a white throat, moderate primary projection and the general shape, size,
and color of a Trails Flycatcher. Because Willow is the expected one here
in N Colorado, that's what I thought it was. Then, as I was looking at it
thru the bino's it belted out a little chippy brri sound. I thought it
sounded like a miniature Robin. Despite seeing it not give the wit call of
a Willow, that's what I thought it was and moved on in my merry birding
way. It wasn't until I saw a Dusky Flycatcher and it reminded me that
Willow gives a wit call and not the brri that I heard. I quickly returned
to where I saw it but couldn't relocate it. I checked xenocanto when I got
home and confirmed the Alder's call there. It was in the understory of a
group of large cottonwoods directly west of the putting green  of the
nearby golf course.

In Fort Collins, I saw a Bobolink at Reservoir Ridge Natural Area today
too. This marks the third year in a row that I have seen them there.

David Wade
Ft Collins, CO