Cobirders,

This is to point out that there was not an accepted record of Western Gull
in the state until Walbek found the first state record in June 2011.  There
are a couple of other accepted records from 2012 and 2013 (with possibly
another pending).  On the surface it appears there maybe a trend for this
species to appear in the state but experience tells us not to count on it.
 In other words, it seems that John has an accommodating bird and it would
be well worth taking a drive to observe it on July 16th, at least in my
opinion.

Besides, there are few drives that can rival the scenery of Hwy 285 south
out of Denver down to the San Luis Valley!

Good birding,
Steve Stachowiak
Highlands Ranch, CO