Hello birders, with high hopes that this change in weather would bring in
some migrants, I went to explore the area around Prospect Ponds NA and
CSU's Environmental Learning Center early this afternoon. In the shoreline
trees west of the parking lot to Prospect Ponds NA (near the water
treatment plant) was a brilliant male Blackburnian Warbler. I saw it for
only the briefest moment but the instant I saw it, I recognized it
immediately. Out loud, I said, Oh My God...Blackburnian! I whipped out my
camera but soon thereafter, it was gone. I sent an alert text and quickly
had Joe Mammoser, Andy Bankart and Dave Leatherman all looking for it but
we couldn't relocate it. It was traveling in a large mixed flock of mostly
Wilson's, Townsend's and Chickadees. We refound the flock and I pulled out
a female American Redstart but not the Blackburnian.

Good luck and good bird'n
David Wade
Ft Collins, CO