Birders,

I wanted the cooperative male Ruby-throated Hummingbird to stick around for the weekend crowd, but it looks like he's gone. I didn't see him yesterday evening, and a female / immature Black-chinned Hummingbird visited my feeder in peace this morning. I'll post again if he returns.

As a friendly reminder to people wanting to help maintain habitat for Piping Plovers and Least Terns, the USACE will be conducting a project next Saturday morning, as part of /National Public Lands Day. /We'll meet at the building at the entrance to Corps HQ at 8 a.m. on Saturday, September 24th. This is just south of the Arkansas River, just past the Hasty Bridge. Our project should be complete by noon. Let me know if you need more details.

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, Bent County, CO