Crow Valley Campground was much birdier today than the last few times I've been
there but still nothing mega-rare.  Pat and Vanna, I'd like to buy an eastern
warbler.  Best birds were at least 4 Broad-winged Hawks, Red-eyed Vireo,
Tennessee Warbler, Merlin, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher and two Red-naped Sapsuckers.
Several Western Tanagers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Hermit Thrushes, White-crowned
Sparrows, Lincoln's Sparrows and Townsend's Solitaires.  Thought I might have
heard White-throated Sparrow.  About 20 Wilson's Warblers.  No empids.

Many birds were feeding on sod webworm moths, presumably the Vagabond Crampus
that has been in the news of late.  The lingering water puddles in the creek
channel in the Group Area and to the northeast seem to have the most bird
activity.  Tons of robins.

Total of 47 species, almost all of them before it got hot (i.e. 8-10am).

A&B#1 Res on Weld CR124 about 1m w of CR77 still has lots of birds.  None were
unusual that I could see.  About 7 Long-billed Dowitchers, few Least
Sandpipers, lots of yellowlegs, few avocets.

I checked Timnath Res (Larimer) on the way home and could find nothing unusual.
 FYI, roads are blocked from the east.  Only way in is from the west, either
coming south from east of FC on Prospect or north from downtown Timnath.  Lots
of construction equipment working on the south shore "beach" west of the dam.
Birds don't seem to care, at least for now.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins