Hello Colorado Birders:

My family and I moved from New England to Telluride at the end of the
summer and I have been anxiously awaiting the descent of rosy-finches.
After 21 inches of snow over a 72 hour period, I finally got my wish
yesterday. When I looked out the window this morning, the swarm had
ballooned.

I took a documenting photo through the window. If you are like me and enjoy
honing your estimation skills, you can check out the image at:
https://flic.kr/p/PdvXew and make a quick estimate.  I'll post the exact
count in the comments in a couple of days.

If you are anxious to know the total, you can view my eBird checklist at:

I carefully scanned through the flock several times and could not pick out
any Gray-crowned or Black but I am sure that will change over the course of
the winter. Looks like I will be going through a lot of hulled sunflower.

Good birding,
Eric
Eric Hynes
Telluride, CO