Here is my report from the 2015-16 CBC season on species and subspecies for
which Colorado CBCs registered national highs.

White-tailed Ptarmigan                 Aspen
               8
Western Screech-Owl                    Grand Junction
      86
Budgerigar                                          Gunnison
                        CW
Fischer's Lovebird                            Grand Junction
             1
                (Ted, were you out in Gunnison and Grand Junction opening cage
doors to pump up your species lists?)
Northern Shrike                               Ft. Collins
                      1
Clark's Nutcracker                           Salida
                       79
                (I'm certain that it was my 8 that put this total over the top!)
Mountain Chickadee                      Evergreen-Idaho Springs              770
Townsend's Solitaire                      Denver
                 178
Dark-eyed Junco cismontanus   Penrose
    16 (new all-time high)
Brown-capped Rosy Finch            Gunnison
       515
Cassin's Finch                                    Evergreen-Idaho Springs
       171

This year we have Woodhouse's Scrub Jay to shoot for, so go out and do some
Christmas Bird Counting

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder (and compiler of Sterling and Flagler)