Today at Watson Lake as the sun was setting we watched a flock of about 10
bushtits flitting from rabbit brush bush to rabbit brush bush, calling as they
fed, going single file to a tree and then back again to the rabbit brush.

On Wednesday this week we were hiking in Lory State Park early in the morning
on the Overlook trail, forest dark, and I heard a sound like miniature bells
tinkling, coming closer. And then the area was lit up by flitting golden
crowned kinglets, maybe 12-15 of them, surrounding us as they fed on through up
the slope. They were like little fairies or Christmas lights turned on for a
few moments.

Then on Thursday on the Audra Culver trail in Horsetooth Mountain Park, that
faces west, in a stand of ponderosa was a flock of about 8 or so white breasted
nuthatches, catching the glint of the sun as they flew from tree to tree
calling.

Happy birding
Libby Edwards
Fort Collins, Larimer Co.