January 25 (4th Wednesday) / Paul Bannick
Owl: A Year in the Lives of North American Owls
Award winning photographer Paul Bannick will present a new program
featuring video, sound, stories from the field and several dozen new images
from his brand-new book, *Owl: A Year in the Lives of North American Owls*.
Paul uses intimate yet dramatic images to follow owls through the course of
one year and in their distinct habitats.
We will witness the four seasons on territory, as each stage in an owl’s
life is chronicled through rare images: courtship, mating, and nesting in
spring; fledging and feeding of young in summer; dispersal and gaining
independence in fall; and, finally, winter’s migrations and competitions
for food. His program shows how owls use the unique resources available to
them in each habitat to face those challenges. All 19 species found in
Canada and the United States are featured in photos, video and narrative
throughout the book, with a special focus on the Northern Pygmy-Owl, Great
Gray Owl, Burrowing Owl, and Snowy Owl.
*Owl* is a stunning follow-up to Bannick’s bestselling title, *The Owl and
the Woodpecker*, giving bird lovers yet another gorgeous photographic
tribute, engaging natural history, and a compelling call to preserve the
habitats that sustain these most iconic of birds.
*Paul will be selling his books after his presentation (cash, check, VISA)*.
This is a perfect opportunity to get your autographed copy.

We meet at the Colorado Parks and Wildlife building located at *4255 Sinton
Road, Colorado Springs*. Coffee, snacks, and socializing begins at 6:30 pm
and programs begin at 7 pm. Please use the back entrance. Sinton Road runs
parallel to I-25 on the east side, between Garden of the Gods Road and
Fillmore Street.
Thank you,
Debbie Barnes - Secretary Aiken Audubon
Colorado Springs, CO