Hello birders,

Biked the South Platte River Trail today from 64th to 104th and back. Saw
three well-hidden Black-crowned Night-Herons at the sewage cascades near 64
th and York. Along Sand Creek at the Suncor Refinery noticed two cabbage
white butterflies, first of the year for me. At about 86th street saw a
male Barrow’s Goldeneye. Some beautiful ducks still on the river, including
my favorites Northern Pintail, Northern Shoveler, and Green-winged Teal.
Glorious weather today--industrial Denver never looked so good!

Tom Wilberding
Littleton, CO

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kbcZH1eANEc/WKT54sikQsI/AAAAAAAAAd0/EDP0tvslY1AImdit66sU6bMyyCSRp_TeQCLcB/s1600/20170215_120040.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DikoJiJvsB4/WKT597FQ0cI/AAAAAAAAAd4/nnR8PDCSyfYhLTvOemA0oP3gUsV62QnbQCLcB/s1600/_V6A0936.jpg>