Colorado still has about a dozen BBS routes that need observers. Our roster has
137 routes -- more than any other states except Calif & TX. We encourage you to
pick up one if you have the requisite skills-- especially the ability to ID
birds along the route BY SOUND. (On my routes, I'd say I ID 80% by sound, and
see few of them.

Here's the list; contact me if interested.

“I especiallyenjoyed the first few pre-dawn stops along the wetlands area of
PonchaCreek—the dawn chorus there was often a tad overwhelming.  An experience
Iwill never forget.” – Tina Mitchell

ROUTE DESCRIPTIONS
            Southeast

17028 Two Buttes      Prowers & Baca          p103
Start at intersection of CR 26 & CRD; east on CR D 9 miles; S on Colo 89 to end.

17328 Pritchett           Baca                            p 101
Start 12 miles S of Pritchett on CR 12;go E one mile, then N on Roads 13 and 12
to end.

17027 Gilpin               Bent                p 101
Starts 7 miles south of Las Animas. Easton Rd BB 3 miles; S on CR16 9 miles; W
on CR T 3 miles; S on Colo 101 2 miles, W1 mile on CR P, S on CR 11 to end,
just north of Setchfield WMA.

17327 Timpas              Otero               p100
Starts 15 miles west of LaJunta. FromColo. 10, go south on GR 14 for 9 miles,
east on GR 11 5.5 miles to Timpas,south 2 miles, east one mile, then south on
GR 18 to end.

17050 Crowley           Crowley          p 96
Starts in Olney Springs; NE on CanalRoad to CR 8, then north 5 miles; jog west
to CR 7, then north 10 miles, jogeast, then north on CR 8 to end.

17220 Haswell            Bent, Kiowa    p 99
Start 6 miles N of Las Animas; N 7 mileson CR 10; swing around SE edge of Adobe
Cr Res. SWA, then N 4 miles on Road 17;E on Road E 2 miles; N 5 miles on Road
19, E 1 mile on Road K, then N on Road20 to end.

17321 Sheridan Lake    Prowers, Kiowa       p 103
Start on Prowers Co. Rd 30 at Rd VV;north on VV to Kiowa CR W; then east on W
to end.

            South Central

17056 Trinchera          Las Animas     p. 102,93
Start in Trinchera; westerly on CR 2.2and 22.0 & 24.6 roads to end.

17226 Cokedale          Las Animas     p 93
            Starts20 miles west of Trinidad, a mile south of Trinidad Lake; Go
westerly on CF53.1 and 18.3; northwesterly on CR 53.5 through Spanish Peaks WA
and 41.1; thennortheasterly on CF 41.7 & 42; then NWly on CR 46 to end.

17375 Gardner            Huerfano         P82
Start at intersection of FR 400 &404 (20+ miles west of Beulah and 10 miles SW
of Bishops Castle); south on FR400 to Gardner, west on CR 550 to Malachite; S
on CR 572 to end.

            East Central

17020 Boyero             Lincoln                        p99
Start 25 miles S of Boyero, 1.5 mileseast of CR 44 on CR J; west 1.5 miles then
N on CR 44 to end, near Boyero.

17013 Last Chance     Washington, Arapahoe                       p96
Start north of Last Chance 9 miles andwest 3 miles, at intersection of CR20 &
CR D/ West on CR 20 (88thAve.), 67N, & 96th; North on CR 69, west on 136thAve.
to end.

            Central Mountains

17351 Angora             Rio Blanco      p22-23
Start 8 miles NE of Rangely; Start on CR61 or 65 at Holandrus Res.; south on
61/65 to Colo 64 east on Colo 64 twomiles; south and east on CR 122 to end.

Hugh Kingery
Franktown, CO