In the spirit of David's post, here are some of my recent sightings around
Centennial (Arapahoe).

Last weekend, I returned from a non-birding vacation out of the country
(who knew there is any such thing as a non-birding vacation!?) to find a
Western Wood Pewee in my yard on August 6. This was my first pewee in the
Centennial area since early June.

On August 7, I did a short, early walk around Holly Park in Centennial,
where I found small flocks of both Lark Sparrows and Lark Buntings. The
Lark Sparrows were my first in Centennial this year, but Cynthia Madsen has
been finding them around west Centennial since late-July. The buntings seem
to be on a similar timeline as the sparrows; Mary O'Connor reported two
along the Dry Creek trail in Centennial in late-July. But they seem less
common, numerous, and widespread in west Arapahoe (so far) than Lark
Sparrows are this summer.

My hummingbird feeders are increasingly active. A Black-chinned arrived on
August 8. The next day, a possible Calliope arrived; I have to review some
photos to confirm that.

Finally, on August 10, as I waited for a RTD bus to the airport at Arapahoe
at Village Center Station (Greenwood Village), I encountered a Pygmy
Nuthatch, my first in the county, in a cluster of five small conifers. This
was a day after David saw a Pygmy at St. Mary's in Littleton and about 8
miles directly east of his sighting. It was one of the odder ways & spots
that I've encountered a county bird...no binoculars, waiting on a late bus
during rush hour, and in a group of unimpressive trees amid a vast sea of
empty lots & pavement.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO (but out of the country again & still not to bird!)