Slow, hot and weird morning.  There was a Chickadee convention going on in
the area around the front nets as we made our first run - we caught 8 (1
new, 6 banded earlier this year, 1 banded last year) and there were still
many in the willows chickadee-ing.  We also caught a Brown Creeper (an
unusual capture for us) and a first-of-season Brewer's Sparrow and a few
Warblers and we thought we were starting a nice, interesting day.  But that
was pretty much it for the morning........Only 9 new birds today:

Black-capped Chickadee 1 new, 1 banded last year
House Wren 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 2
Brown Creeper 1
Brewer's Sparrow 1

Maybe we need to put some nets up near the teepee where Ira et al found the
Bunting and Thrashers!

Come visit! We are open 6 days per week (CLOSED Mondays),
weather permitting, through October 15. We are opening nets at 6:30 and
should have birds back at the station before 7:30. We will close most days
by about 11:30, earlier now when it is so hot. School groups arrive most
weekdays at about 9:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station