It has been a slow fall for sapsuckers in the Canon City area this year. I
found my first Williamson's Sapsucker on Oct 10 in a dry gulch south of
town then didn't find any in Canon City until November.  Things have picked
up in the past week with an immature male Yellow-bellied, 2 male
Williamson's and 1-2 female Williamson's Sapsuckers around town.   Note I
do not post specific locations as there are a couple of local photographers
who have pushed sapsuckers feeding at lower areas of trees by approaching
until they flush them.  I have a few photos of the Yellow-bellied and a
bright male Williamson's uploaded along with some natural history  info for
sapsuckers in this area on my Birds and Nature blog
<https://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com