My plan was to bird with my uncle Van Truan, for a little while at Pueblo
Reservoir, we saw adult *Mew Gull* in the pool below the dam around 8am,
then went to South Shore Marina at Pueblo Reservoir.  Lots of birds from
here, including: *Great Black-backed*, and *Lesser Black-backed Gulls* on
the tires, and a *White-winged Scoter*, a *Pacific Loon*, and a *Red-necked
Grebe* on the water.  Just before 10am, we saw the continuing *Prairie
Warbler*, near the parking lot, just below Pueblo Reservoir dam, then we
heard from David Tonnessen about a male *White-winged Crossbill* at
Mountain View Cemetery (between Alcero and Beulah, off Northern Ave.) in
Pueblo.  We went there, and saw it with him and others and I stayed in the
Cemetery helping groups of birders throughout the day, until after 4pm (I
enjoy helping people see birds, they want to see, when I can, and today was
a lot of FUN).  My plan of a little morning birding, turned out to be a
very fun day, at a cemetery I never go to.  *This White-winged Crossbill is
a first for Pueblo County*, and it was seen by nearly 30 people.  Hopefully
the crossbill will hang around for the expected crowds tomorrow (I can
spend some time there tomorrow morning, to help people, starting at 8am).

There were lots of interesting birds seen today in Pueblo, besides the ones
I saw.

Thanks to David for letting me know about the Crossbill, and birding places
that others don't go to.  Never know, what you might find if you go to
different places (I guess I need to go to different places once in while)!

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO