Hi all:

As a plea from the Colorado cadre of eBird reviewers, please, please, please,
please, please use the relevant hotspots when reporting to eBird on the various
goodies hanging around the Front Range edge right now:  The JEF Snowy Owl, the
various ELP goodies (Greater Roadrunner, Red-breasted Sapsucker, and Varied
Thrush), and the PUE White-winged Crossbill.  I understand that reception can
be a bit tricky for the Varied Thrush and, possibly, for the Greater
Roadrunner, but the other sites should provide more than good-enough reception
to be able to select the appropriate hotspot when using the eBird app.  Even if
you run into poor reception for any of these birds, when you do get reception,
it is quite simple to then select the appropriate hotspot.  This is preferable
than we various eBird reviewers hainge to check on every non-hotspot location
to make sure that it's in the right place.  By submitting reports of these
birds on personal locations, you cause us a LOT of unnecessa
 ry work.

Thanks,

Tony Leukering
currently Guymon, OK