The redpolls are back in the same draw, at least 13 of them just now at 7:55 am.
Arvind PanjabiFort Collins

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 4:44 PM, arvind panjabi <apanj...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I encountered a flock of nine Common Redpolls in Horsetooth Mountain park
today. They were along the hiking trail (footpath) at the first drainage
crossing less than a quarter-mile from the trailhead. They were mostly feeding
on the ground near the edge of melting snow.
Also seen was a Northern Goshawk and a Sharp-shinned Hawk. The goshawk was
flying high over the ridge as if it were moving some distance. The last few
days I’ve had several raptors soaring over the south facing ridge at Horsetooth
mountain park including Golden Eagles, Red-tailed Hawks and a Rough-legged
Hawk.  Red Crossbills are much fewer in number than this time last year, almost
non-existent, although I did bump into a flock of 8 today.

Also of note, I had a flock of 10 Evening Grosbeaks stop ever so briefly in my
yard in Horsetooth Lake Estates exactly 2 weeks ago today.

Good birding,

Arvind PanjabiWest of Fort Collins