This field trip is brought to you by Boulder County Audubon

WINTER WATERFOWL ALONG THE PLATTE RIVER with Ray Davis

Wednesday, February 14, 2017; significant snow date, Friday, February 16

Free.  For more information or questions:  303 823 5332 or
davisblack...@gmail.com <da...@greenspeedisp.net>

Time:  8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

The South Platte River Trail through Denver and its suburbs is well-known
for exceptional viewing and photographic opportunities for most species of
wintering waterfowl to be found in the Front Range.  These birds will be
glowing in their iridescent breeding plumages in February.  This public
area includes lakes, 15 miles of flat river-walk and if it’s really cold,
“every duck in three counties.” Past rarities have included Barrow’s
Goldeneye and Long-tailed Duck; we’ll try to find 14-15 species of ducks.
Passerines and birds of prey are less common, but found in the surrounding
area.

Meet at the East Boulder Recreation Center (off South Boulder Road and
55th St.)
at the northeast corner of the parking lot at 8:00 AM to carpool.  This
outing is for all skill levels.  Bring binoculars and scopes and drinking
water. If you want to meet there at 8:50, go east of Lafayette on Hwy 7
until you find Colorado Blvd. (2.5 miles east of I-25) then go south on
Colorado Blvd. 8.5 miles until it dead-ends just past 88th Ave.  We’ll meet
you in the parking lot on the left.