The Redpoll flock is back again at the same brushy draw, about 300 yards from
the main parking lot trailhead along the pedestrian/hiking trail.

They were hunkered down on the ground and flushed as I approached but returned
immediately to the ground where they are presumably foraging for something, but
they are difficult to see once they go down so I have no idea what they’re
getting. Whatever it is it must be better than what I am offering at my
feeders, which are only about 1/4 mile away. As before, they were first
detected by voice giving soft, frequent ‘chup’ notes. These birds have not been
reliable, but this is now the fourth time I’ve run into them in this same draw.
 I suspect they might stick around there for a few hours during the snow.
Arvind Panjabi5500’ on the north slope of Milner MountainLarimer, Co.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone